Sunday 14 February 2010

Another cynical Valentine post...

... the once a year opportunity read about the love life of the maker of Kitschen Sink.

Do you remember my angry Valentine post last year? I was all (I'm paraphrasing) 'boys are turds' and 'no one loves me'.  Maybe I had some major sexual frustration going on. I can't remember.

My qualm is now with people in relationships and their attitude towards single people. Let me explain:
  • I'm not having a 'no one loves me' time any more.  I had a fringe cut. Something happened. Boys like the fringe.
  • These days I am quite content with my life. I have no real problems. Boys and relationships bring about problems. Who wants that? Not me.
My Dad said to me a couple of weeks ago 'I think you might get a boyfriend if you didn't have that ring through your lip'.
A friend says he can't understand why I am single. Why? Do I look like the kind of person who should settle for second best?
My platonic boyfriend told me the other day (after I told him I was currently content with my single situation) that I should get together with his friend 'to get him out of his Sunday routine of playing computer games in his bedroom at his mum and dad's house'.  It could be a 'challenge' for me. 
And my Mum's friend attempts to arrange a blind date with some guy from work.

Leave me alone, stop creating work for me, I don't have the time to watch Coronation Street let alone the time to argue about whether we watch that or some shit sport.

That said, don't hold off the flowers (or diamonds). It's nice to have an admirer.

So anyway. Today I'm in Hull, visiting a friend, and we're going to drink coffee and eat cake and laugh.

xoxo

No comments: