Thursday 1 September 2011

Drink your greens! A delicious smoothie recipe

After my trip to the Trafford Centre I felt inspired by the smoothie concoctions in Selfridges.  I'll be honest. I'm not a massive fan of veg or salad, nor do I particularly enjoy preparing fruit. I could eat those pre-packed fruit salads all day if they weren't so expensive! Sure, it may seem lazy. But I work full time and run a couple of businesses, so what I put in my mouth, I don't like to faff with too much.

It's starting to get to that time of year where I am traditionally stressed out preparing for Christmas markets, and I just started a new job, so I need to take care of myself! So I picked up some ingredients to blast myself a super-nutritious smoothie.


This is just...

Two thirds of a glass of cloudy apple juice
Half a tin of pineapple (fresh if you can afford it)
Half a mango
Big bunch of baby spinach

...all whizzed up in a blender. Drink immediately to make the most of the nutrients, over ice!

xoxo

Colourful Kitschy Funky Fun...

Add me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook

1 comment:

Marthaamay O_o said...

Really? Pineapple AND spinach. Perhaps you could make it when you come and visit, we could make it into a soup drink if it's cold!