Wednesday 19 May 2010

Day 21 — A recipe

Chocolate Brownies - these always work out really nice and draw in the crowds form miles around to the Penthouse. I'm like the Pied Piper of Hamelin, only I live in Shipley, I bake and attract people with the scent, and it has not resulted in death.

• 250g unsalted butter
• 200g dark chocolate, broken up
• 80g cocoa powder, sieved
• 65g plain flour, sieved
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 360g caster sugar
• 4 large eggs

  • Preheat oven to 180°C/gas 4. 
  • Line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper. 
  • In a bowl over simmering water, melt the butter and the chocolate and mix until smooth. 
  • In a another bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar, then add this to the melted chocolate. Stir together well. Beat the eggs and mix in until it silky.
    Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes. Don't overcook! 

They might not seem baked enough but after leaving to cool in the tray they should have solidified and you can cut into squares.

Once a boy asked me to bake him some brownies, so I did, and then basically he dumped me because I didn't bake them as quickly as he wanted.  Yes, he was a complete div as it turned out. 

xoxo

1 comment:

Millie D said...

Might do this recipe, am a bit starving and I have all the ingreeds...