Wednesday 15 April 2009

Glitter and sparkle: I heart Tarina Tarantino

Tarina Tarantino is pretty much everything I want to be.  To look at: she's a funky fish.  Her designs: colourful, girly, big, plastic, fun.  Boutiques in: LA, Milan and New York.  Celebrities are often snapped wearing her designs (click here to see which and who). Ahh man! How cool is that?

Some visuals/what's inspiring me:
Hello Kitty Gothic Lolita Necklace
I love everything in this range, and am inspired by the feature beads on the chain...
 Love the chunky, bright, plastic chain
 Candy Cameo Waterfall Necklace
Big pearls, bright colours... do I need to go on?
I have mentioned her before, I'm sure.  I fell in love with her (I should probably say her work, as I have never met her...) a few years ago. I saw a piece in a magazine about bright hair accessories. And you know I'm all about bright colours, yo.  So I snapped up a Swarovski catterplillar hair slide.  Then I see her Hello Kitty goodies and I'm like a clown in a custard factory. And now she is following me on Twitter! I checked that it's the real deal account, and she even replied to a reply I sent to her! Starstruck? Never!

Who's the biggest inspiration of your designs?

xoxo
xoxo

No comments: