Friday 16 April 2010

Rowan, Kate P and KitschenSink in Company Magazine!!

I can't believe I kept this a secret for so long!! You may remember in March I took a few trips to London. On the 8th March, Kate P and I went for a photoshoot with Company Magazine, having had just a few days' notice.

I had responded to a call on Twitter for friends who loved each other's look to talk about it. I immediately emailed them saying 'I'll do it!'. Emails were exchanged every few minutes until they asked for a photo of us both. I picked carefully, none of those where I'm gurning or generally being a div after a few vodkas.  I have never felt as self-conscious as when I waited for the reply email after sending the photos. How deflating would it be to get a reply 'after careful consideration we decided not to bother'.... anyway, three hours later and we had got the go-ahead!

I barely told anyone. I don't think I have ever kept a secret before but I wasn't really willing to believe it was happening until the train tickets were in my hand 20 minutes before our locamotive departure.

The folks at Company were all really lovely. I found the shoot quite exhausting. They wanted us to have straight faces but I kept laughing. That wore thin quickly. We also had to stand leaning forward which was a bit weird. We ended up resting out bums against a wall with our feet a foot away to make it easier.

Even after the event I didn't want to talk about it in case they decide not to publish us! Anyway, I hope you agree that the photo looks really good. We are wearing KitschenSink and the website gets a mention in the article too. Here's the photo they used, I hope you agree it's lovely and Kate P looks most fabulous!

Credit to Company Magazine

What's the article about? You'll have to look at the May issue of Company Magazine (out today) page 88 to find out :)

xoxo

12 comments:

gtlady said...

OMG, you do realise your famous now! Love, love , love that photo, and your necklaces look fab, where did you get them from?!!!

Tina Peacock said...

Wow! That's fabulous, well done to all of you involved...lucky peeps! x

Knit and Destroy said...

Amaaaaaaaazing!!! The pair of you look great, awesome photo. x x x

Katy Clouds said...

Wow, go you! I can't wait to read the article :)

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

wow how cool - fame!!!!

Pippa said...

coThat's so cool, Rowan! And hooray for the extra KS publicity ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Well done you! :D

Bigbluebed said...

Excellent - that is a lovely photo of you both.

dichro-findings said...

Coooool! What a fabulous photo as well . . you both look wonderful!

MitziMakes said...

Amazing!! You both look stunning and I love your dresses!

Suzanne Vaughan said...

How fabulous! You both look lovely.

Pixie said...

I looked for this and couldn't find the mag anywhere. Disappointing. :(

BTW - your necklace looks shorter - is it a different length? xx