Monday 22 March 2010

Possibly the worst customer service... this year

Possibly the worst customer service I have had this year... not ever... was recently from Aldo.

I saw a pair of geeky glasses in Company Magazine last month and it said '£10, Aldo' in the details. So I had a looksee on their website but alas, they were not there.

So I went into the Leeds branch and the sales assistant and manager had no idea what I was talking about.

So I emailed them via their contact form where I clearly stated that I had seen some glasses for £10 in Company Magazine and that I had asked in-store and they didn't know what they were and I couldn't find them on the website. I had to select my country (UK).  This is the response.

"In order to help you find the product you're looking for, we need you to provide the style number/name and your location.

You can find the style number/name by visiting your local store and asking one of our sales associates, or by visiting our website.

Once we have this information, we can locate the product for you, provided it is still available".


Ever feel like you're talking to emailing yourself?

Cheers Aldo. I'll shop elsewhere for my geeky glasses.

xoxo

1 comment:

Katy Clouds said...

Ha! I hate it when shop assistants don't know what you are talking about. I went to hobbycraft yesterday and the deputy manager didn't know what a ribbon clamp was, even when I showed him a picture. He'd never even heard of shrink plastic.
Asshole.