Thursday 18 March 2010

♥ I made you a mix tape ♥

Mix tape stories tend to relate to teenage years... I could go into the psychology behind it (love Music Psychology!), but I won't bore you (if you want to learn more, read the Social Psychology of Music,
Hargreaves & North).  In my teenage years I was given one with a lot of Red Hot Chilli Peppers on, and one with some Massive Attack and Portishead amongst others. So... not too embarrassing.

But I was in the car the other day with Natalie, listening to Men's Needs by The Cribs. I asked her if she liked 'My Life Flashed Before My Eyes' (my favourite). She responded 'Oh I don't know, I just have a few off a mix-tape XXXXX made me'. Which made me spit with laughter. I guess you had to be there. Or know who XXXXX is. But we're 27. I guess it's kinda sweet.

Anyway. Here's some gorgeous mix-tape related goodies from some independent designers. Lust.





I don't think I mentioned I bought a t-shirt by Lucy Player a couple of weeks ago. It's the girl version of this...

... which is also quite fitting for this post :)

xoxo

No comments: