Sunday 5 February 2012

Sweet Saturdays and Sublime Sundays

The weekend started with the first snowfall of the winter, but it didn't stop me venturing out!


"It may be winter outside, but in my heart it's spring", forget wooly hats, I went for an updo for Saturday's advetnures!


I went for an excellent lunch with a friend at The Terrace in Saltaire. This is their homemade chicken burger with guacamole and mozzarella.  Excellent value!

 

We had a mooch around the new Rose and Brown vintage furniture shop where I fell in love with this chair. It'd be perfect for my boudoir!


I had a quick catch up with David Hockey in Salt's Mill. He's done some iPad paintings that are very good.


It's against the local law to go into Salt's Mill and not have a nibble in the Diner... so I indulged in a hot chocolate brownie with coffee ice cream in the late afternoon!


Saturday night TV sucks. I'd bought some gorgeous vintage diamante stud earrings during the day, so I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's. It just made sense.


On Sunday I pottered then took a walk along a rather frozen canal to Saltaire, to the Mill, again!

Quintessentially English.
Platonic husband is on his way to catch up at The Penthouse and the weekend is about to finish similar to how it started...
... I heard a lot of quacking outside to find all the ducks of the canal waddling along to find unfrozen water!

The final part of the weekend will be waiting for best friend Andrew with milk and biscuits.  I should also note that sadly I lost one of the earrings that I bought on Saturday already! Big Sad Face.

How do you like to spend your weekend?

xoxo

Colourful Kitschy Funky Fun...

Add me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook

1 comment:

Marthaamay O_o said...

I've never seen that film, is it worth me librarying it? (is that a word?)

Have you lost your earring in your house? If not, just think of the delight you will have given someone to find such a jewel in the snow!

KISSEZ