Sunday 12 April 2009

My Easter, my lip, my recent make

I'm off work for a whole week! Yippeee. I have been thinking about having my lip pierced for a while now, and decided this is the best time, as now at my day job, it really is desk time for a good few months, so it's not a bad time to let it heal without any big wigs seeing it and getting arsy. I also thought it would be good to have it done at the start of time off so it's healed a bit before my colleagues (and more importantly, my bosses) see it.

I really thought I'd pass out having it done. I passed out when I had a tattoo done, but then again, it was in the middle of a Summer heat wave and I hadn't eaten anything substantial in three months (anxiety. I might tell you about this another day, I might not). I prepared for this by eating a bacon sandwich and drinksome lucozade. It was fine actually. A lot easier than I thought, hardly any fiddling, she just stuck a long needle through it but it barely hurt and it only throbbed after. Groovy. I can see how people get addicted.

I went through some post-piercing trauma. I htink it's normal to feel as though it's not quite right after you have something like that done. My friend had a tattoo done the same day, and went through something similar (it's not really how I wanted, it's in the wrong place...). I was worried about what my mum would say, but she was cool. The second part of the trauma was: the ball fell off as I cleaned it at a friends. We searched on our hands and knees and couldn't find it! I sulked downstaurs and it was later found on the carpet on the landing... phew. It fel of again today into the soap dish. Not happy about that! Here I am anyway, with a little swelling (I covered my eyes because I don't like having too many photos of myself freely available on the web)

I hope to get lots made over the next few days. I am spending time casting lots of cameos in different colours. So far I have done a pink batch and an orange batch. Next is yellow I reckon...

I also did a little experimentation and would love to know what you think about this Blythe bracelet?


I intend to develop the idea further than just Blythe, but Blythe is a great start, right?

Enjoy your Easter! More updates of week-off makes coming soon! I'm off to bake brownies and possible make vegetarian chilli should the boy decide what he wants to do.

xoxo

2 comments:

Heather Leavers said...

eeeek I'm scared of facial piercings, other than the "normal" one earring hole - all I can do is congratulate you on your courage!

Im actually quite scared of Blythe too, so I'll get my coat and leave now...;-)

Tizzalicious said...

I'd be so scared to get a piercing too! I think I'll stick to my ears1

I love the bracelet!