Thursday 31 December 2009

Christmas gifts and personal new year's resolutions

Santa visited again today.  How exciting! I got my gifts from my not-so-secret Santa, Jen! We all know who is buying for who, but we draw names from a proverbial hat, just so we buy one good gift rather than gifts for nine.

This is what I got, effin ace!

Cath Kidston, Sew! Ideal for when I get around to buying my Christmas sewing machine!



And the Harajuku Lovers, Love fragrance



I'm super chuffed, she really excelled. Love!!

I have been thinking about new year's resolutions. I don't think I made any last year. Sometimes I think if you want to change something in your life, you don't have to wait until the first day of the year.  But then I think 'what better time to start!'.

The first thing I decided was that I'd stop buying eggs from battery hens. I'm going to mainly buy organic from now on. I used to, but then got really skint.

Secondly I decided I'd buy more t-shirts. I have started already, by purchasing a t-shirt I saw on my cousin. She kindly let me in on where she got it from and it was a bargain!

Queen T, Play.com


My third started that I was 'giving up men - til around March'. A BFF asked what I could possibly gain from such a resolution,
'I need a rest', being my response.
'So, when we go out for my birthday and you look hot and boys talk to you, what are you going to do?'. I had clearly not been thorough in my thinking.  I'm not rude...
So I decided that it would instead be 'I'm going to play the field, HARD' as recently I have just been generally playing it 'friendly'.
I discussed this with a colleague, and we have agreed that it should be tweaked to 'play the field hard, but keeping clear of men who have a penchant for Cath Kidston and/or curtains, wear golden boots or are called Paul'.  There's been A LOT of Pauls.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on those... O_o

What are YOUR new year's resolutions?

xoxo

No comments: