Tuesday 12 January 2010

Call for fashionistas around the world!

Gosh, I am so tired I fell asleep on the train on the way home! I’d like to go and lay on the sofa… but I just had to tell you about this place I found online!

Store Society is a social networking space for both individuals who love fashion and independent fashion retailers.

It’s perfect for you if :
- As a fashionista, you love to ‘dress to express’ (I stole that term from the site’s creator, Kristina) and take photos of yourself. You know what I’m talking about. It’s fairly loser-ish to do it on Facebook, but on here it serves a purpose! Show the world your fantastic finds, bargains, etc, and link to their ‘store’ page if they have one

- As a retailer/designer, you want to showcase your products to the coolest audiences

- As a lover of independent shopping, you want to keep up-to-date with independent outlets you might not usually come across.

Find me on there. Obviously as a store I am KitschenSink. As a member I am GingerSnap.

Here’s the best bit… I am currently featured on the front page!!




In other news, another whinge about feedback, of an eBay nature. I have been blocked by a seller, because, just over a year ago, the products he sent me went AWAL. After a few days, I received a letter, sent to half my home address. It was from a person who lived across town who lived at the same house number as me, with the same street name suffix as me. The seller had written my address in some shit pen that got wet and, well, came off. So I left neutral feedback saying that they should use waterproof pen in future. That’s why he blocked me, stating he felt it was ‘unjustified’. I thought it was unjustified that after spending good money on postage, I had to drive across town to collect it! Dick!

The moral of the story is to always use a waterproof pen when you write on an envelope. If you use anything else, don’t come whinging to me when it gets lost!

xoxo

2 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

That looks lie a great site, I signed up too.

Congrats on making the front page!

Unknown said...

heeellloooo!
I went off and signed up with them too, thanks for the post :)
and congrats on the front page
I've nominated you for a lil'ol blog award, pop to my blog for a cuppa and more details x